Sunday, September 11, 2011

DIY Project: Bowl Fillers!

So I was on Pinterest the other day, and I saw the cutest DIY project by Landee See, Landee Do. It was these awesome bowl fillers! I thought they were so neat, I just had to do them myself. I've got a great navy blue bowl on my kitchen table that is just begging to be filled, and these were the ideal solution.

Here's what you need (well, what I needed):
6 4 inch styrofoam balls
1 yard (approximately) of fabric total -- I would get at least 2 colors/patterns
1 18 foot spool of ribbon (about 1/2-5/8 inch width)
1 box of stick pins
scissors

First, cut the fabric into 1/2 inch wide strips that are long enough to fit around the styrofoam ball. Then, cut the ribbon to the same length.


Now you're ready to rap! Start with one strip of fabric or ribbon. Wrap it completely around the ball and secure with one your stick pins. Now, wrap the next piece around the ball kind of forming an X (I wish I'd taken pictures so the directions would be clearer). Maybe this picture will help that make more sense.




Keep on wrapping and sticking until you have this:



Actually, I'm sure yours will be much cuter than mine! BUT I still loved mine anyway :) So much in fact that I made 5 more and put them all in the blue bowl on my kitchen table. Once I clean the table off :-P, it will be PERFECT!


Thanks so much, Landee, for the inspiration! Check out Landee's original post right HERE. While you're there, check out the ones she made with thumbtacks, too! Have a blessed Sunday, and don't forget to think of all those who lost loved ones 10 years ago today.

No comments:

Post a Comment