Sunday, October 2, 2011

First Recipe: Onion Dip :)

I am SO excited to post my first recipe! I am going to work on improving my pictures, but this is a start. I am a huge HUGE HUGE fan of the blogger Ree Drummond, otherwise known as The Pioneer Woman, and this is my attempt to be Ree-like :)


As Ree would say, the "Cast of Characters" AKA the ingredients.


Judy's Onion Dip

3 bags of frozen chopped onions
3 8 oz. blocks of cream cheese, softened
3/4 c. mayonnaise
1 c. parmesean cheese, divided
1 c. panko breadcrumbs (I used Italian flavor)

Combine onions, cream cheese, mayonnaise, and 1/2 cup of parmesean in a large bowl. Pour into a greased 13x9 dish and spread evenly. Pour on the remaining 1/2 cup of parmeasean, followed by the panko. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
I think some fabulous additions would be: bacon, garlic, different kinds of cheese, green chilies, or jalapenos.


This was all that was left! I promise I'll add more pictures to the next recipe...I'm new at this!

I liked this recipe, but I'd definitely add something else to it next time. My guests gobbled it up though, so it is definitely a crowd pleaser. Hey, anything that has a mayo and cream cheese base is A-OK in my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment