Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Just because :)

For the record, I'm a purist when it comes to icing, frosting, glaze and ganache. I believe it should be homemade and that store bought frosting just isn't the same. I almost always make my own frosting, even if I'm making a cake from a box. There's just something about the butter/powdered sugar/milk/vanilla/whatever else combination that is unlike anything you can find anywhere else. But today, I did something I haven't done in EVER!
I bought this:


Which I then used to frost these little darlings, made entirely from a box:

In all honesty, I was being lazy. I mean, no matter what kind of baked good is brought to school for a birthday it is always gobbled up completely (even if it is clearance cake from Walmart -- true story) and I wasn't feeling the greatest today. But I found out that for some reason, these chemical filled quick fixes totally hit the spot. OMG, the one that I accidentally ruined by dumping the batter everywhere was SO darn tasty when I ate it (I couldn't include it, it was really ugly ;) )!


I guess occasionally there is something to be said for those Rainbow Chip cupcakes. I know these will be a hit tomorrow! I'll be back later this week with the full rundown of our fun fall break :)

No comments:

Post a Comment