Thursday, November 10, 2011

Recipe: Chicken Bacon Ranch Mac-n-Cheese

OMG, I think I may have found a new favorite recipe!!! Only one picture this time (the finished product) but my, oh my was it fantastic. This one is definitely going in the recipe box. Thank you, darling Pinterest for introducing me to a MILLION new recipes I never would have known about, including this one.



Chicken Bacon Ranch Mac-n-Cheese
(recipe adapted from Cooking Light magazine and also found at First Look, Then Cook)

8 oz. elbow macaroni, cooked
3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
8 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and chopped
1 T. butter
1 T. flour
1 1/2 c. skim milk
1/2 c. cream of mushroom soup
1 1/2 c. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 t. onion powder
1/2 t. garlic powder
1/2 t. dried dill weed
1/2 t. salt

Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Combine milk and soup; whisk together. Slowly add milk mixture to roux, whisking constantly. Allow mixture to boil and continue cooking 2 minutes or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat, let stand 3 minutes until slightly cooled. Add 1 cup of cheese and the seasonings, whisking to combine. Stir in cooked chicken and pasta and toss to combine. Pour mixture into an 8 inch square baking dish sprayed with non-stick spray and top with remaining cheese and crumbled bacon. Broil for 3-5 minutes, or until cheese has melted.

Now, if you're like me you will make the whole thing in your GORGEOUS Caribbean-colored Le Creuset braising pan which can conveniently go from stove to oven, so there's no additional dish involved! This was truly DELICIOUS, especially if you like the taste of dill and ranch dressing as much as I do. Please try this tonight! Thanks Cooking Light and First Look, Then Cook for introducing me to a new favorite :)

2 comments:

  1. This looks really good. This is my first visit to your blog, so I've taken some time to browse through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you liked it! Thanks for visiting :)

    ReplyDelete