Sunday, November 20, 2011

Recipe: Mason-Dixon Dip

I'm about to share with you a recipe that is pure magic. You probably already know about it, but it is SO easy and SO delicious, that I'm sharing it on the off chance that you've ever had it. It's name around these parts is Mason-Dixon Dip, but I've also just heard it called Chili Dip. This picture doesn't do it justice, but please promise me you'll try it for your next party. 


Mason-Dixon Dip

1 can chili sauce for hot dogs (I used chili without beans, but you can use either kind)
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Spread the cream cheese into the bottom of an 8 or 9 inch pie pan. Pour the chili sauce on top of the cream cheese, then follow with the shredded cheddar cheese. Bake 20 or 30 minutes at 350 degrees or until bubbly. Serve with Fritos Scoops and watch it disappear!

This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled for a large crowd. It is my go-to dip when I take an appetizer to our church youth group's "Games and Grazing" night and the kids always devour it quickly. Hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment