Saturday, December 31, 2011

A New Year, A New Me

Has 2011 been a less-than-fun year for you? It's amazing how many people have told me that 2011 just wasn't a great year for them. Well, I must say it wasn't a fantastic year for me either. My husband of just 14 months and I got a divorce this year.
While I know that I am far from perfect and that it takes more than one person to end a marriage, if it were up to me we would still be married today. Did I do everything right? Definitely not. If I could go back, are there things I'd do differently? Absolutely. Would the marriage have lasted forever? Looking back, I don't think it would have. But if I'd been able to have my way, we would at least be TRYING to make it work.
Unfortunately, marriage just wasn't what my ex-husband expected it to be, and he had no desire to try and work anything out. While this still makes me angry pretty much every time I think about it, my New Year's resolution will be to just NOT think about it anymore. What's the point, right? Being mad or sad or 'what-ifing' everything is no way to live. But it doesn't help that my ex has quickly moved on to someone else...nice & classy, huh?
Anyway, my divorce was what really brought me into the world of blogging. I needed something to do during the hours I was alone and home at night. Blogging is a fantastic distraction. There's no pressure to do anything, but there's always something to do if you're looking to keep yourself busy. As I stated a few weeks ago, I also have a teaching blog that I enjoy updating a *little* more frequently than I update this one. I'm also a MAJOR Pinterest freak...it's pretty amazing.
So, my dear little blog, thanks so much for being a nice distraction :) To all who are reading this, thanks so much for following the {infrequent} updates about my life and my food. I hope that 2012 is a MUCH better year than 2011 for you, me, and everyone else!

Happy New Year {and enjoy my fun, holiday blogimations}!

No comments:

Post a Comment