Thursday, December 29, 2011

Recipe: Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese

Hello! I hope you had a lovely Christmas and are looking forward to the new year! I know I certainly am. 2012 will definitely be better than 2011 (look for a New Year's Day post to find out why). I found this little recipe over on a new favorite blog, Closet Cooking. Man oh man, was it ever delicious! Unfortunately, my grocery store was out of jalapeno peppers (SERIOUSLY???), so I had to improvise a little bit! Head over to his original post to see the original version of this recipe. Kevin is obsessed with grilled cheese sandwiches and is always inventing a new one. I think he and I would get along just fine! He has a million delicious recipes on his blog, so PLEASE go check it out ASAP.

Pre-grilling

Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich, Modified
Original recipe by Kevin at Closet Cooking can be found right HERE

1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chilies
4 Tbsp. cream cheese, softened
1 c. shredded Co-Jack cheese
4 Tbsp. crumbled tortilla chips
8 pieces good quality white bread
Butter, softened

Spread one side of each piece of bread with butter. Be liberal with your butter, I probably used almost 1 Tbsp. per side -- my cholesterol didn't thank me, but my taste buds did! Divide cream cheese, green chilies, shredded cheese, and chips evenly among 4 of the slices of bread, layering in that order. Top each with another slice of bread, butter side up. Grill on medium heat until golden brown on each side. Serve immediately with chips and sing a Hallelujah chorus ;)

One side of the finished product. My terrible iPhone picture does NOT do it justice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment