Friday, February 10, 2012

Coasters!

Recently I've begun working every other Saturday at a little gift shop here in dear ole Danville called Maple Tree Gallery. An artist there has been making and selling these super cute coasters, so I just had to try to make a batch myself!
Basically, you Mod Podge 1/4 of a cocktail napkin on to a 4x4 tile (36 cents from Lowe's!), give it a couple of coats of Mod Podge on the top, then spray it with clear acrylic sealer and stick some felt or cork on the bottom. Even for a craft-challenged person like me, it was no big deal. Here is one set sitting on a Lowe's bag to dry. Forgive the messy table :)
 



Here's a set when they are finished. Forgive the messy table again!


If only I had a good camera...you could see how cute they really are! I'm sure tons of other people out there in Blog Land are making these, too, so be sure to look around for some real tutorials. These are super easy, cheap, and everyone loves them! Let me know if you make a set...I always love some inspiration :)

No comments:

Post a Comment